CLASSIC CAR FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS

3 posters

Go down

16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS Empty 16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS

Post  digger the goat Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi folks,
If you haven't heard, this coming Sunday is CARS ON THE GREEN at NOWTON PARK, BURY ST EDMUNDS..
Always well attented with a mix of old, new,classic and modern... All cars are welcome..

It is free to display and free to attend to all members of the public... Donations to the selected charities are VERY welcome.

This year it is also combined with the 'new' Bury motor show..
Really is a great venue...also child and dog friendly.... gardens and maze will be open too as well as a newly refreshed kids play area..
I will be leading a group from Stowmarket Tesco, on a country route at 10-15am.. feel free to pm me or add a comment below if you want to meet at Stow...( a nice route Wink..)
Otherwise, I hope to see you there... ( I will be in a black Skyline r32.... come and say hi )

Cheers...........Digger...( David)..( oh....not the 'Digger' with the hotrod ...lol ) thumb

http://www.buryretrocarclub.co.uk/carsonthegreen.php

digger the goat
new poster
new poster

Back to top Go down

16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS Empty Re: 16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS

Post  digger the goat Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi folks... Just a quick update..

So far the people meeting at Tesco Stowmarket are driving,
Nissan skyline r32..(me)
BMW 540 (4.4 V8)
Honda CRX (gen 1)
Lotus Esprit Turbo S3
Aston Martin DB7 Volante
Nissan 350Z
Also a possible ...if not raining.
'66 'Stang fastback ( k-code) or 289 Cobra.
Alfa giulia gt junior
Renault Megane R26R

So come on , 15 views so far..

edit to say... If you are not coming, please let someone else know..... The more the merrier Wink

It is a great show and the route I have chosen will keep you 'entertained'..

Last edited by digger the goat on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding cars)

digger the goat
new poster
new poster

Back to top Go down

16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS Empty Re: 16TH JUNE... CARS ON THE GREEN ...BURY ST EDMUNDS

Post  buick350 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 am

I am plugging it on FB for you thumb a few are going.
buick350
buick350
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  digger the goat Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:29 am

Brilliant.... Cheers Peter..
Make sure they know about the Tesco start point also if you would...
I have spoken to the organisers ( friends of mine) and late arrival at the show is fine... Just will be marshalled onto site instead of free access...
Hope your weekend goes well also.. Very Happy

digger the goat
new poster
new poster

Back to top Go down

Post  buick350 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 am

I spoke to some of the guys tonight, they are expecting to be on site before 10am Crying or Very sad
Will you cruise there or is it like the gumball rally? Very Happy
buick350
buick350
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  digger the goat Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

Lets just say ...it will be a 'spirited' drive.!!!

Several japs..(sorry)..7 in total ..from 1975 to today. !!
Lotus Esprit turbo
Aston DB7
Clio V6
Alfa Junior GT giulia
Megane r26r
Corvettes
Bmw 540 (4.4 V8...sounds epic !!)
Clio v6 ( hopefully)
Still waiting on a few more to confirm..

Not silly fast..too old for that and value my licence far too much..
A great little country route which everyone will enjoy.. Quite a few '30's with some 'leg stretchers' in between.
I will only keep the pace sensible. No point in p***ing anyone off as we are all here to enjoy not only the drive and our cars but also the day too.. thumb

digger the goat
new poster
new poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jake64 Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:36 pm

buick350 wrote:I spoke to some of the guys tonight, they are expecting to be on site before 10am Crying or Very sad
Will you cruise there or is it like the gumball rally?  Very Happy

I thought the organisers were asking not to arrive any later than 10.00am? It's the first time that C O T G has been held at Nowton Park so they are trying to get things right and it's the first one for the reformed Bury Retro Club so I hope all goes well for them.
jake64
jake64
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  digger the goat Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Organised and booked in groups before 10-00
 Otherwise will be marshalled into positions...
Speak to Adrian if any probs... Wink

digger the goat
new poster
new poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down