CLASSIC CAR FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

very temped

2 posters

Go down

very temped  Empty very temped

Post  baz Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 pm

there is a ford fairmont aussie v8 ,that ime very temped to buy on e/bay in colchester , but all i want to do is rip the engine and box out to put in the fairlane , now the engine seems ok to fit ,but the car is r,h,d with a colum change auto ,wer az mine is a l,h,d colum change manual , now do i have a major prob or is the box a aussie /yank ,and the changer is on the right wich is wot i want , thats the question i need to know az i dont know much about auto boxes , or am i being silly and it will plop staright in
baz
baz
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

very temped  Empty Re: very temped

Post  buick350 Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 pm

I reckon it will fit ok, the linkage might be a muddle unless you get a floor shifter with a cable link to the box.
buick350
buick350
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  baz Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 am

so if i got a mk2 granny auto floor shiffter ,that might b the best way to go
baz
baz
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  buick350 Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am

baz wrote:so if i got a mk2 granny auto floor shiffter ,that might b the best way to go
Essex arena Swap meet or Ebay, or if you are feeling flush Real steel in middlesex will have one
buick350
buick350
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  baz Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:06 am

been to see skippy today ,got her started up drove back and forward ,had sum chat and a tyre kick , the car is a basket case and i cant think of why anybody would want to restore one , so my gues is the bidders are after the engine plus box and axle then banger wots left hence the £500 bid ,, but wait for it ,,, he let slip hiz reseave and its no wear near yet ,so it looks like i could b mine so lets see ,,,oh oh oh oh i nearly forgot with the exhust blow it sounds AWSOME !!!!! i cant wait to have a v8 in my car ,, i know i have a v8 ford in my other car but this is something else
baz
baz
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  buick350 Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 am

baz wrote:been to see skippy today ,got her started up drove back and forward ,had sum chat and a tyre kick , the car is a basket case and i cant think of why anybody would want to restore one , so my gues is the bidders are after the engine plus box and axle then banger wots left hence the £500 bid ,, but wait for it ,,, he let slip hiz reseave and its no wear near yet ,so it looks like i could b mine so lets see ,,,oh oh oh oh i nearly forgot with the exhust blow it sounds AWSOME !!!!! i cant wait to have a v8 in my car ,, i know i have a v8 ford in my other car but this is something else
289+ box and 9" rear + all the bit and bobs, got to be worth 1K.
Lots of Camaros etc gave up their running gear in the 70s and 80s and got scrapped by the kit car and hot rod mob, it only seems to happen to undesirable basket cases now.
buick350
buick350
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  baz Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 am

ive bought the aussie /yank , going to collect it on saturday Very Happy
baz
baz
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  buick350 Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 am

when you sell the bits you dont want and scrap the rest, you will be doing well me thinks Wink
buick350
buick350
partner
partner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum