CLASSIC CAR FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harpenden Classic Car Show

Go down

Harpenden Classic Car Show Empty Harpenden Classic Car Show

Post  jake64 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 pm

I went to "Classics on the Common" at Harpenden yesterday, a rare mid week show now in it's 18th year. Entry is by pre-booked pass only and the show is held on a very large green in the centre of the village organized by the Harpenden Village Rotary Club. Entry is limited to 1200 vehicles and was fully booked weeks before the show, I booked my pass in January and got number 404, the strange thing is the show does not start until 2.00pm and no one can get on to the green until 2.00pm, we arrived at about 1.30pm and parked nearby until 2.00, we moved off and got parked on the site about 2.15pm - parking was very well arranged but when parking 1200 vehicles it has to be. After a cuppa we walked the large site, so many vehicles to enjoy on a great site, hundreds of cars I have never seen before but also saw many old friends during the day to chat too. All makes, models and ages mixed together and a large separate entry of bikes and scooters, the weather was very kind and we stayed until about 9.00pm and had a clear run home - really great day and we will do our best to be at the 19th show next year. Very Happy
jake64
jake64
partner
partner

Back to top Go down